Are you pushing away the very thing you say you want? Can the energy of money be a profound tool for spiritual transformation? Is there really any difference between tangible cold hard cash and esoteric, metaphysical principles of abundance? Asking these questions is important; they clear the path for us as heart-centred entrepreneurs and change agents, living on purpose.
In my teleseminars and coaching over the last year, a pattern that has struck me as very curious, even bizarre yet absolutely life changing, is this: although we want to create more prosperity in life, a growing shift is the ability to actually accept what we really want. Whether that prosperity is financial, improved health or relationships, most of us are shocked to discover that what has been holding us back has been our own inability to actually receive.
This anomaly is best reflected in some of Dan Millman’s writing (Way of the Peaceful Warrior) where he asks “how good can you stand it?” Wow! Good question… How good CAN we stand it? Are we willing to let it be that good? And if we are, when… and is right now a good time?
Notice that it all begins with awareness. A tiny thought. A tiny pinprick of light pointed in a certain direction.
In studying this phenomenon, I’m drawn to the wisdom of Lester Levenson, the inspiration behind The Sedona Method:
- There is no difference between the spiritual and material from the viewpoint of Truth. The difference is in outlook; whether you see it from the ego’s point of view or from the Self. A realized person sees the world only as an out-projection of themselves.
- Any time we see any difference between the spiritual and the worldly, it’s because we don’t have enough understanding of the spiritual as yet. We are separating. The highest state is when we are in the world and in spirit at one and the same time and there is no difference.
- When we’re there, we don’t see it as world and spirit. We see it as one and the same thing; we see a oneness; we see it all as our very own Self.
This is where the power of intuition is truly at play:
- what is calling you, inspiring you, directing you?What do you most want?
- notice any hesitancy or resistance to receiving it, allowing it, taking action towards it
- what happens when you hold the resistance in pure compassion and kindness?
- does it help you become more aware of driven behaviors ?
- can resistance now be a gift, one that points to the separation that really isn’t there, but one that you believed exists?
Perhaps in answering these questions, a bizarre, counter-intuitive pattern begins to emerge; we begin to see that the very thing we disowned in ourselves is our treasure. And therefore, there is no need for separation. There is nothing to fear, and no one to judge. When it comes to money, if we drop the separation, the fear and judgement; what remains? We begin to realize that all resistance is simply the invitation to let go of refusing what we most want to experience. As we embrace the learning, all manner of energy is freed up; we clear in the spiritual to take the inspired action necessary in the physical.
How good can you stand it?
Isn’t it time to have more fun visioning with the energy of money?
Isn’t it time to accept more wholeness with the energy of health?
Isn’t it time to enjoy manifesting your sacred partner as you fall madly and deeply in love with yourself?
And isn’t now a good time?
Intuition. Mindfulness. Prosperity. All here now. Are you accepting it or pushing it away? How do you know? Sometimes we go through unexpected, unwanted events, but when we remember that “the highest state is when we are in the world and in spirit at one and the same time and there is no difference.” This takes new vision and the willingness to apply emerging certainty through the vehicle of uncertainty. Brave work, powerful work, requiring repeated steps and application. “We are what we repeatedly do,” said Aristotle, “excellence is not an act, but a habit.” Here’s to our new and strengthened habits as we grow stronger through accepting resistance and treasuring all the tiny, exquisite moments that are so incredibly rich, even in the midst of resistance.
If you enjoyed this blog and would like to learn more about Cheryl Brewster and her work in supporting Conscious Changemakers in creating prosperity as they live their passion, visit TheIntuitiveLife.com