We are surrounded by a sea of abundance that flows to us!
- How many times do you think of someone and they call?
- Do you see recurring sequences of numbers every time you see a digital time display, like 111, 333, 555, etc?
- Have you pondered an important question to have a billboard or licence plate in front of you declare the answer?
- When you’re looking for something have you had someone hand it to you without them knowing you needed it?
- Have you waited in traffic or been detoured only to find the billboard message on a passing vehicle displays what you just finished telling someone at that exact moment?
The odds of having such coincidences occur is mind boggling. Given the obvious intricate intelligence behind such occurrences, we must ask ourselves, if these things are happening without our conscious involvement, what could happen if we brought more awareness to them? Can you imagine the possibilities, solutions and innovations that could be accessed?! How could this impact our self development and personal effectiveness?
In her book Synchronicity and the Soul, Nancy Seifer explains that it was the power of synchronicity to overwhelm the rational mind that held significance for Carl Jung (1875-1961), the Swiss psychiatrist who coined the term and brought the phenomenon to light. Jung recognized that synchronicity, which he defined as meaningful coincidence, had the effect of breaking through the “rationalistic shell” of the modern scientific mind.
“(Synchronicity) is a form of coincidence powerful enough to shatter the notion that material science has discovered all there is to know about the universe. To the person having an experience of synchronicity, the realization dawns that a mysterious force is at play in the world—a kind of “cosmic clock” whose gears operate on a more subtle plane.”
This echoes Deepak Chopra’s poetic words that “Synchronicity is choreographed by a great, pervasive intelligence that lies at the heart of nature, and is manifest in each of us through intuitive knowledge.”
And this pervasive intelligence is ours even without asking! All we have to do is pay attention to the Signs, Symbols and Synchronicity at play in our lives.
We are surrounded by a sea of abundance… but are we actually in flow with it or fighting it?
I’ve been a fan of this amazing principle of intuition for as long as I can remember and find it incredibly helpful in important decision making and in situations requiring more clarity and validation. I often tell the story in my seminars of how I used a “Bookmark” to determine when I should follow the call from my intuition to leave the corporate world to begin my own business as a professional intuitive. Although I knew in my heart that this was the right thing to do, it didn’t match the rational thought of my upbringing… My mind screamed no and my heart say yes, even though I’d be leaving a great company, significant income with benefits, and most of all, the security of a guaranteed paycheck for nothing but a gut feeling and a dream.
Setting a bookmark is a specific technique that finds its beginnings in ancient times and remains just as powerful today. In my experience, I used a symbol that was fairly uncommon – a boomerang – the “bookmark agreement”with the Universe was that when a real boomerang came into my life, I would know that yes, now is the time to leave the job. (But I must admit, because this was such a big decision, I thought I’d help the universe out by adding a proviso that either one real boomerang came into my life or three smaller ones which could be in the form of a TV commercial, ad on a billboard, etc).
You can imagine my shock and delight when after a couple of weeks, feeling rather disheartened that the symbol hadn’t arrived yet, I’d picked up a book that I’d recently purchased. The book itself wasn’t something I was particularly interested in, however my gut “told” me that I “had to buy it.” As I flipped through it, I came across an interesting paragraph and there, deep into the story did I not only find the word boomerang “three times,” but I also found the meaning of the word… the boomerang is a sacred symbol cautioning us not to hold onto things too tightly, for it’s only in surrendering and giving them to the universe, that they can be returned to us in bigger ways.
I was shaking. This was something that you see in the movies or read about in books… this happened to other people, not to me! And here I was, not only with three small boomerangs, but with the meaning of the word as a sacred symbol! I gave my notice the next day and have been privileged to live an extraordinary life beyond anything I could have imagined because “I was willing to let go and not hang on too tight.”
Powerful, beyond all odds and four months later, when I taught my first intuitive workshop in Whistler, what did the store carry? Two decorative boomerangs which I promptly bought. The third I added to my collection when again, trusting my gut to go to a certain store, only to find a boomerang with the engraving “authentic souvenir of Australia.”
Having worked with synchronicity my entire life, to go through an experience as specific and mind blowing as this made a huge impact. I’ve come to appreciate that when we ACTIVELY participate with the “great, pervasive intelligence that lies at the heart of nature,” not only do synchronicities happen with more frequency, so too do miracles. Can you imagine the impact to families, business and organizations to harness the power of synchronicity both as an art and tool of science for brainstorming and team building? Can you imagine the solution and innovation? The possibilities are staggering, and like all great things, it begins with us as individuals to apply and hone the hidden language that Signs, Symbols and Synchronicity in our own lives, to test and prove them. To create more FLOW in your home and professional life, consider what would happen if you:
- asked clear specific questions of the vast intelligence awaiting you?
- paid attention to what you were thinking before a sign, symbol or synchronicity crossed your path?
- asked for clear, specific signs to underline or highlight a feasible action or direction to take
- did a life review of where synchronicity has been the most prevalent in your affairs
- discovered when there was no synchronicity in your life to find the patterns that prevent rather than propel FLOW in your life
- willing to participate more fully with this great pervasive intelligence?
Basic tools to grow your awareness and appreciation of Synchronicity and self improvement:
- notice the thought you were thinking just before a synchronicity happened
- be clear on your desires, write them down and expect their fulfillment, by feeling them here now
- keep a journal to acknowledge synchronicity
- use ritual to honor it in your life
- be firm and clear in your commitments
- be diligent in replacing negative thinking with positive thought
- ask specific questions (better yet, write them down and journal the answers when they come)
- expect an answer without attachment to how or when it is delivered, or if it looks different than you originally intended
- learn more and resist less by spending more time in mindful contemplation and deep silence
We are surrounded by a sea of abundance that flows to us! By paying attention to signs, symbols and synchronicity, we harness the hidden power of flow in life and business. By applying it, we create the change we’ve been wanting and more. If you enjoyed this blog and would like to learn more – see our calendar for upcoming live events or tele-seminars on Signs, Symbols and Synchronicity..
Cheryl Ann Brewster is highly regarded in her skills as a Business Intuitive, Coach and Speaker. She specializes in supporting those keen to expand personal and professional effectiveness through the power of intuition and soul-centred business practices. To join her mailing list and/or daily inspiration or to learn more, contact her at: TheIntuitiveLife.com.
Very good article. I’m going through some off these issues as well..
Thanks for your comments! You’ll enjoy my latest blogs as well! And if you haven’t signed up for the newsletter and/or quote of the day… please do…. they support what you’ve enjoyed here in this blog.