If you’re reading this article, chances are, that on most days you’re generally a positive person. Which means that you’re someone who practices an “attitude of gratitude.” Me too, however imagine my delight when in researching this topic, I discovered 5 secrets about gratitude that I did not know before! Read on to discover the impact they can have on your life, especially as it relates to prosperity.
First of all, the research – there are many bodies of work that suggest that people who are more grateful are:
- less depressed
- less stressed
- more satisfied with their lives
- enjoy higher levels of mental health
- cope better with life transition
In addition, people who consistently incorporate gratitude into their lives have an aptitude for:
- higher levels of control of their environments, personal growth, life purpose and self acceptance
- more positive ways of coping with life’s challenges
- seeking support from other people to reinterpret and grow from their experiences
- more time spent in planning on how to deal with problems rather than trying to avoid or deny them
- greater ability to avoid blaming themselves, or cope through substance use
- better health because they choose positive rather than negative thoughts just before going to bed, resulting in a better night’s sleep
From my own experience:
- areas lacking in prosperity are lacking in gratitude
- areas lacking in gratitude are steeped in unconscious worry patterns
- gratitude unlocks the door of possibilities that worry slammed shut
Here are 5 keys to transforming life through Gratitude
- List the top 3 areas in life in which you enjoy prosperity and contentment… what is the belief system creating these results?
- Now list of the top 3 areas that aren’t so prosperous and happy… what is the belief system creating these less than great results?
- Compare your two lists; notice the positive belief systems from the first list will be missing from the second one. Interesting huh? Ask questions. Gratitude is the ability to feel or see appreciation: what did you learn about yourself from this exercise? What new belief systems can you apply to those areas lacking in prosperity? What levels of gratitude are missing from this second list? What would happen if you were more grateful for what you DID have in these challenging areas?
- Turn it around; experiment, challenge yourself, do something constructive; Commit to a daily gratitude journal to capture and integrate these insights; track what happens in the next week/month
- Practice random/anonymous acts of kindness to express your growing feelings of thankfulness, appreciation and gratitude; it supports your intuition which is your ability to naturally create more harmony and prosperity in your life.
Worry is a contracting energy while gratitude or feeling appreciation is an expanding one. The capacity to make positive, consistent change as a “Conscious Changemaker,” is incredibly powerful. It alerts us to where we are taking things for granted and not staying in the present moment – the only point of power we have. It slows us down to enjoy the infinite possibilities and abundance that we are surrounded by.
In one gratitude study, the longest lasting effects were caused by the act of writing “gratitude journals” where participants were asked to write down three things they were grateful for every day. These participants’ happiness scores increased and continued to increase each time they were tested periodically after the experiment. In fact, the greatest benefits were usually found to occur around six months after treatment began. This exercise was so successful that although participants were only asked to continue the journal for a week, many participants continued to keep the journal long after the study was over. (See more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratitude)
The bottom line? Prosperity includes thankfulness, scarcity doesn’t. Where can you practice more gratitude? It will expand your world and experience of joy.
For more first hand experience on gratitude and the role it plays in Intuition, see Cheryl’s calendar of live events; Intuitive Gatherings or Teleseminars…. or contact her directly.